The Understanding America Study HRS Wave 2 surveys are the second series of HRS surveys that UAS respondents are invited to. This happens two years after completion of the UAS HRS Baseline, that is, two years after completion of UAS 25. The following HRS surveys are administered:
- UAS 95: HRS sections A, B, C and D encompassing questions about the respondent and their household, their health and their mental abilities.
- UAS 96: HRS sections E, F, G and H encompassing questions about the respondent's family and how they care for them, their health and how it affects their daily life, other people they may help or who help them, and the place where they live.
- UAS 97: HRS sections J, J2, J3 and M encompassing questions about the respondent's current job, their pensions and how their health might affect their ability to work.
- UAS 98: HRS sections N and P encompassing questions about the respondent's health insurance, any health services they use, and how likely they think various events will be.
- UAS 99: HRS sections Q and R encompassing questions about the respondent's income and assets.
- UAS 100: HRS sections S and T encompassing questions about widowhood and any wills, trusts and life insurance policies the respondent may have.