The Understanding America Study HRS Wave 2 surveys were the second series of HRS surveys that UAS respondents are invited to. They functioned as the first follow up to the UAS HRS Baseline. This happened two years after completion of the UAS HRS Baseline, that is, two years after completion of UAS 25. As of June 7th, 2019 the UAS HRS Wave 2 has been replaced by the UAS HRS Wave 3. Respondents currently participating in the UAS HRS Wave 2 continue to do so until the entire wave has been completed. All other respondents who are eligible for their follow up are invited to the UAS HRS Wave 3, that is, for having completed their UAS HRS baseline more than two years ago. The following HRS surveys were administered in the UAS HRS Wave 2:
- UAS 95: HRS sections A, B, C and D encompassing questions about the respondent and their household, their health and their mental abilities.
- UAS 96: HRS sections E, F, G and H encompassing questions about the respondent's family and how they care for them, their health and how it affects their daily life, other people they may help or who help them, and the place where they live.
- UAS 97: HRS sections J, J2, J3 and M encompassing questions about the respondent's current job, their pensions and how their health might affect their ability to work.
- UAS 98: HRS sections N and P encompassing questions about the respondent's health insurance, any health services they use, and how likely they think various events will be.
- UAS 99: HRS sections Q and R encompassing questions about the respondent's income and assets.
- UAS 100: HRS sections S and T encompassing questions about widowhood and any wills, trusts and life insurance policies the respondent may have.