This page presents survey participation rates and total numbers of respondents for the UAS core surveys, which are conducted at a two-year frequency, and for several special projects (such as EMA bursts and data collections with wearables).
UAS surveys never exceed 30 minutes. This means that core data are collected in several separate relatively short surveys. This page lists these surveys as well as the special project surveys and presents total participation numbers and participation rates for each survey, broken down by some basic demographics. These surveys form the building blocks for the data products listed on the "Survey data and data products" page.
The survey participation rate reports are identified by topic. Most of these are defined in the UAS Comprehensive File documentation. The other topics all pertain to special data collection projects. The topics are:
- Topic A: Cognitive Measures 3 – Verbal Analogies
- Topic C: Subjective numeracy and Consumer Financial Well-being
- Topic D: Disability
- Topic F: Financial Services and Decision Making
- Topic I: Ways people get information on retirement and Social Security
- Topic K: What do people know about Social Security?
- Topic N: Cognitive Measures 1 – Numbers
- Topic P: Financial Literacy; Personality; Understanding Probabilities; Numeracy; Topic W: Satisfaction with life domains; well-being yesterday; neighborhood quality; comparison of incomes with others
- Topic V: Cognitive Measures 2 – Picture Vocabulary
- Topic HRS (reports for sections A-D, E-H, J-M, N-P. Q-R, T-W)
- Topic Burst
- Topic Air Pollution
- Topic Physical Activity [Coming soon]