General information

Question text: Throughout the next section, we will examine your preferences over a health condition. The health condition we will examine is weeks spent bedridden.

In the following scenarios, you will be provided a baseline health state, certain outcomes, and a treatment on a scale of 0 to 100%. The scale refers to the percent of time in the next year you will be able to perform usual activities or become bedridden. For reference, the scale below indicates a couple conditions and their corresponding percentage of able to perform usual activities in the next year.

Please answer the next question assuming the following about your health:

A few years ago, your health seriously deteriorated due to an unknown cause. Doctors could not find the cause and could not do anything to improve your health. Today, due to your health condition, you can only participate in your usual activities for 20% of the year. For the remaining 80% you will be bedridden due to your condition. Prior to your health deteriorating, you spent zero percent of the year bedridden, and 100% able to perform your usual activities.

How would you view spending 80% of a full year bedridden due to your illness?
Answer type: Radio buttons
Answer options: 1 Not very bad
2 Reasonably bad
3 Very bad
4 Extremely bad
Label: bedridden 80% of a year
Empty allowed: One-time warning
Error allowed: Not allowed
Multiple instances: No

Data information

To download data for this survey, please login with your username and password. Note: if your account is expired, you will need to reactivate your access to view or download data.