WElCOME TO THE UNDERSTANDING AMERICA STUDY COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS DATA PAGE
This page provides a summary of information and data from Understanding America Study surveys of attitudes and behaviors around the Novel Coronavirus pandemic in the United States.
Full reports, toplines, data and documentation can be found below.
To access UAS data files, simply register as a UAS data user.
Basic demographics are included in all files. As with all UAS data sets, data may be linked to variables from Other UAS surveys for further analysis if desired. Simply merge these data with other UAS data sets using variable uasid (respondent identifier).
Information on weighting custom for this data set can be found in the Early Release Codebook (also listed below). General information on weighting in the UAS can be found here. A direct download of the UAS Weighting Procedures is located here.
- UAS230 Early Release Methodology And Topline (March 10, 2020 - March 16, 2020)
- UAS230 Early Release Methodology And Topline Addendum (March 10, 2020 - March 21, 2020)
- The Conversation: Americans disagree on how risky the coronavirus is, but most are changing their behavior anyway (March 26, 2020)
- Medical XPress: More Americans recognizing importance of COVID-19 safety measures (March 24, 2020)
- The Evidence Base: Discrimination Against Asian, Black Americans More Likely Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (March 23, 2020)
- The Evidence Base: Knowledge of COVID-19 Symptoms May Not Be Sufficient to Change Behavior (March 23, 2020)
- The Christian Post: 7 ways people have responded to the coronavirus: Improved hygiene tops the list (March 19, 2020)
- The Evidence Base: USC Study Finds Increasing Actions, and Risk Perceptions for Coronavirus (March 18, 2020)
- USC Dornsife: Many Americans believe they have little chance of being infected with coronavirus (March 18, 2020)
- U.S. News: Poll Finds Many Americans Heeding Advice on Coronavirus (March 16, 2020)
- HealthDay: Poll Finds Many Americans Heeding Advice on Coronavirus (March 16, 2020)
- The Mercury News: Coronavirus: Poll shows how Americans are changing behavior (March 13, 2020)
Questions about the Understanding America Study or about overall UAS survey panel methodology? Click on the "methodology" menu above, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.