DATA ACCESS ACCOUNT: REGISTRATION FORMThis form is intended ONLY for requesting research access to data. If you are interested in doing our surveys, or joining the Understanding America Study as a participant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - DO NOT use this form.
To Request Access to Data for Research
Obtaining basic access to Understanding America Study Data is a two-stage process:
- Create a provisional user account: Fill out this form, using the email address you were provided by your affiliated research, educational, government or financial institution, and click on “Create new Account” below.
- Fill out and submit a data user agreement (editable PDF, basic PDF here) to email@example.com:
- Fill out the DUA completely, including all required fields.
- Use your official affiliation email address to create this account, rather than gmail or some other generic email address.
- Students, interns and other non-employees of affiliated institutions: provide contact information and signature from an advisor, professor or mentor at your university / institution who is willing to sign to guarantee safe data handling.
- Keep your DUA and refer to it for how to credit the use of UAS data in publications, presentations, articles, and stories. Other acknowledgements may apply to certain data sets such as Covid-19 tracking data, which is partially funded by grants.
Accounts are provided to those who have a legitimate research purpose. Your account, once granted, will provide access to UAS data associated with surveys that are not currently under embargo. You may not share this data with colleagues, co-authors, or collaborators unless they too have created a UAS data access account.
We strive to respond to your request within 3 business days. Incomplete DUAs, or failure of students to provide advisor contact information and signatures will engender delays. We will request verification from student advisors before granting student accounts.